Friday, March 27, 2009

Friday Mornings

Every Friday morning Andrew and I get up, grab a Monster to wake us up, and drive over to the Crisis Center. We volunteer for 2 hours and then turn around and come home. We started doing it for our service hours in American Heritage, but it's now one of my favorite parts of the week. I get to play with little kids the whole time and I love it. I volunteer in the nursery where parents can drop their kids off if they need a break or are having a hard time. The center also has a place for them to sleep if necessary. Today there was a 1 year old whose mom is a drug addict and was recently sent to jail. The kid has been staying the night there and I think they are trying to find him a foster home. This boy is the cutest kid in the world and I wanted to carry him out and bring him home with me. However, I'm not sure how well that would have gone over. The kids that come into the center are adorable and every time I leave there I'm floating on air. I really do take my life for granted. I had a wonderful childhood and I have an incredible family. The center focuses on building positive relationships with adults because a lot of these kids don't get that at home. 
I am blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment