Thursday, March 18, 2010

Adventureness

"The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun."
-Alex McCandless




I never want to become boring. I never want to be bored with life. I never want to lose my sense of adventure. Because I think that is one thing in life that makes me perfectly happy, when I'm discovering new things. I'm perfectly happy when I am discovering the streets of a new city or the markets of a town. I am perfectly happy when I am walking through a new field or climbing a new tree. I am perfectly happy when I am discovering a new hobby or discovering more about a person. I am perfectly happy when I am discovering more about the place where I reside and I am perfectly happy when I am discovering new things and people to love.

A day with an adventure is a day worth remembering. Whether it's flying to a new country or taking a trip to 7-11 to visit the creepy-but-hilarious man that works behind the counter, it counts. And that's what makes the mundane parts of life worth enduring. The little adventures that set each day apart from the rest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment