Friday, July 2, 2010

Summer in the city

So, after my adventures in Spain and the mediterranean with my family we have finally made it "home". They are still living in China, but this time in a new city. Shanghai. We've spent our first two days unpacking boxes, enjoying the new house, and learning that we may not see the sun for a long time thanks to the large amounts of pollution. However dreary daytime may be, Shanghai makes up for it by lighting up at night. I had the chance to drive into the city (about 20 minutes from my house) last night and walk around with a friend. The freeways are lit up with blue lights and the buildings sparkle. Trees are wrapped with christmas lights. Skyscrapers compete for height.

Well, I would post an awesome post with pictures from our cruise to the French Riviera and Italy, but China is really cool and blocks everything on the internet. Luckily my sister told me a proxy to use Blogger, but I'm unable to post pictures. To sum it up, we basically got to visit some amazing world sites. We stopped in Monte Carlo, Monaco, Florence, Rome, Naples, Pompei, Majorca, and explored more of Barcelona. I think I've almost covered every site in my humanities text book. Also, I've become a huuuge fan of Gaudi's work. He's incredible and I have a feeling that him and Dr. Seuss would have been best friends had they lived in the same area. Again, I'd post some pictures but I am living under a red iron curtain.

Well, that's the update on life for now. I'm off to watch a pirated movie that I just bought off the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment