Monday, September 20, 2010

Life in the Brimhall

So I'm about a month into school and I'm finding that my second home this semester is the Brimhall. I rarely leave that building. I'm in there for classes and when I'm not in class, I'm in the newsroom. But, I'm also finding that I don't mind it. I like spending hours in the newsroom with some of my best friends sitting next to me as we make phone call after phone call and write article after article.

Speaking of, here's a link to one of my articles . The picture is my favorite. Can you say Mark Twain in the 70's?

Along with writing articles all day long for the Daily Universe, I am also working on an internship this semester. I'm working with four other students who all got chosen to be part of a team through Students for Social Entrepreneurship. Originally I was working with Vittana, but I was switched last minute to the Dowser team. If you've ever heard of David Bornstein, you know how awesome this is. Pretty much his website Dowser is my dream journalist job. And guess what?...I got to talk to him today. Well sort of. We met over the phone and then I listened as he gave us input on our project. But still, so cool.

Life is crazy right now. But, life is exciting right now.

(I'm published!)

No comments:

Post a Comment