Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Picture this


This is one of my favorite pictures I've ever taken. It was taken with a disposable camera in the field by Neighborhood Market. I don't know if it's the sunset, or that it captures them perfectly or that they happen to be standing in order by height. I don't know if it's because these people mean so much to me or because it reminds me perfectly of perfect Arkansas nights. But whatever it is, it's beautiful. 

Sometimes I think 
we could have gone on.
All of us. Trying. Forever.

But they didn't fill the desert with pyramids. 
They just built some. Some. 

They're not still out there,
building them now. Everyone,
everywhere, gets up, and goes home.

Yet we must not
Diabolize time. Right?
We must not curse the passage of time. 

-Jennifer Michael Hecht

No comments:

Post a Comment