Wednesday, July 20, 2011

My Natural State

I grew up in a small town. A town with a confederate soldier in the square. A town with my favorite Thai restaurant. It's a place where roadkill and fireflies line the roads. Where trees overtake everything, bales of hay dot the fields, and Walton Blvd is the main drag. And it's a place with some of the kindest people you'll ever meet. Oh how I've missed those southern accents.

This past weekend I got to go back for a few days for the first time in two years. And I remembered why Arkansas still holds a huge chunk of my heart. The Ozarks will forever remain one of the most beautiful places in my eyes. And the people, well, there's just no one like 'em.

So here's a few glimpses at my small-town, redneck roots:

Yes, I'm in the marching band. No, I'm not embarrassed. 

One of my favorite places

 The day we all left for college

river rats

Back then and now, Harry Potter with this girl. Of course. 

And I got to see these two. Here we are years back.

 And here we are in China. 

And here we are now, in Branson. 

I also got to see this boy. The picture is old, but I forgot to get a new one. 

The Natural State.

No comments:

Post a Comment