Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Walking like and Egyptian

















Well, Egypt proved magnificent…as I knew it would. We visited citadels and mosques and walked on streets that are over 3,000 years old. I got to see mummies, tombs, treasures, and pyramids. I rode camels at the Pyramids of Giza and drove 4-wheelers through the desert out to a Bedouin village. Christmas day was spent at the Red Sea scuba diving and snorkeling where I saw 8 foot eels and was swimming inside a school of fish. I rode a sail boat on the Nile. I walked through the temples of Luxor and Karnak in which every column and wall was carved out with pictures. I saw mummies and explored the Valley of the Kings. I saw the temple of Hatchepsut and wandered the Cairo museum. I saw a cave where Jesus and Mary hid for three years and ate delicious Egyptian food. I conquered markets, enjoyed time on the beach, and experienced the worst food poisoning I’ve ever had. Egypt was incredible. Every detail, every inch. That’s all I can really say. 


No comments:

Post a Comment