Monday, May 10, 2010

Calle Violeta

I've been out of touch for the past few weeks, but for good reason. I am currently residing in Alcala de Henares, Spain. My internet is the slowest thing ever, hence the lack of blog posts. So here's a brief update on life:
I currently live with a host family that consists of my "mom" and my two brosephs. They are some of my favorite people ever and they constantly make fun of me for getting lost or wearing ridiculous articles of clothing. I am eating the best and most I ever have in my life. I might engordar, but I'm thinking it's worth it. Hopefully all of the walking balances it out. I go to Madrid at least once a day and can't get enough of the churros con chocolate. The people in my grupo are all great and I feel like I've known them way longer than a week. There is so much to tell, but I'll let this little blurb sum it up. Instead of listening during class today we wrote this:
"We are the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the universe. We frequent bars, we speak Spanglish. We shop. We laugh. we aseo it up in McDonald's. We love chocolate, hammer pants, and new catchy sayings. We hate class, we vaguely appreciate the little things. Nothing is a big deal. We all have crushes, some have crushees. Whats up. We always crave sweets. We get reprimanded in trains, we accidentaly make fun of each other, we sometimes cross the line. It's only been a week. Everyday is an adventure. We are the walrus. Some of us are Pandas. We seduce teachers. We hella enjoy when the teachers respond positively. We sentirnos bien. We cross the line. We might be Tyler Durden. Always scandal. Always rumors. Always churros. Above all we keep it hot and we keep it real. Espana. Always. Everyday. Me gusta."
Dan Ellis, Tessa Farnsworth, Julia Knecht

No comments:

Post a Comment