Tuesday, June 15, 2010

It's a small world, after all

During my travels I am constantly reminded about just how small this world really is. My first week here in Spain I was able to meet up with a friend that I had met on a cruise last summer in Alaska. Today, I met up with a dear friend that I knew in high school in China. Yesterday, I discovered that a friend of mine from high school in Arkansas is here at the same University as me in Alcala and we saw each other. Another old friend of mine is living in the north of Spain and we may have the chance to meet up in a few weeks in Barcelona. This all just blows my mind. 



On another note, my days of study abroad are winding down. It is the weirdest feeling to think that in three days I won't be waking up in Juana's house and eating tiny muffins for breakfast. I won't walk down cobble stone streets to get to school and grab a croissant a la plancha at the closest bar for a snack. I won't be able to experience the thrill of the World Cup in Spain anymore. I won't go to Madrid whenever I want. I won't live in this little dream bubble. After my host mom taught me how to make spanish tortilla today we were talking about how the time has flown by. But, at least I will have only fond memories of Espana. And I guess that's really all I can ask for. 

p.s.-more updates on my adventures and life in Spain will be coming soon. Right now I need to study for finals. Studying while living in Spain is the hardest thing everrr

No comments:

Post a Comment