Thursday, February 17, 2011

Major love

There are some days when I know that I chose the perfect major for me. I had two experiences in the last few days where this was confirmed.

1. My comms law professor stopped in the middle of class, opened the door, and surprised us with pizza and drinks.

2. My comms 301 professor showed us YouTube videos of texting abbreviations sung by 13 year old girls.

It's these moments where I just think to myself...why would I want to be in any other major? Plus, it fits me perfectly. We do projects and papers rather than tests. The professors are chill. We have awesome internship opportunities. And, so much of what we do is based on gaining experience, rather than studying for tests. I need a major where I can be hands on. I need to be in an environment where I can be creative and around people that make me laugh. So for me, journalism is the perfect fit. And even if I don't end up working for a magazine or paper (which I probably won't), I like what I'm doing in college. And I like that the door is wide open for different opportunities. Because who knows where I'll be next year or what I'll be doing. And I'm fine with that.




Pics from the newsroom

No comments:

Post a Comment