Sunday, May 1, 2011

U.S.A.!!

Tonight, as a few of us Barlow Center residents sat in the basement watching a movie, we got word of Osama Bin Laden's death. So, naturally we turned on the news and after a few minutes of debating we decided that we would be dumb if we didn't go to the White House.

We literally ran there and arrived on the scene just in time. Thousands of people were flocking the back of the White House with flags, yelling, high fives, and singing patriotic songs. We couldn't stop laughing and smiling as we made our way through the crowd. Also during the celebration I met David Arquette! He asked me my name and everything...so cool. Walking home was entertaining as well, with all of the cars honking and everyone hanging out of their windows.

Tonight made history, and I can't believe that I was here in the capitol to experience it. What a way to start off the summer.










Here's to America!

2 comments:

  1. What a perfect way to start off your summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know Nate Jensen is in DC! He went to my high school.

    Also, I'm really excited I'll be there with you guys finally this week! You haven't forgot about me yet, right?

    ReplyDelete