Wednesday, August 3, 2011

"Someway, baby, it's part of me, apart from me"

Last night I was up close and personal with Justin Vernon and his band, Bon Iver. It may have been one of the greatest moments of my life and hands down the best concert I've ever been to. His music just resonates with me in a way almost nothing else does, and live...well it's unexplainable. The entire audience was transfixed and hanging on every note. With a band of about 9 people, Bon Iver created an experience that reached into your soul, shook it around, and made you feel things you've never felt before.

Words just cannot describe it. 



Listen to the concert recording on NPR...I have been doing so all day. 

p.s.-at the end of the concert I fought to get one of the set lists, and succeeded! It's one of my favorite souvenirs I'll bring home from D.C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment