Friday, September 9, 2011

Kingdom of Cambodia

The week before I came back to Utah I was able to visit Cambodia with my momma. I have wanted to go there forever, and my mom is the best ever and planned the whole thing for us. We took a tuk tuk around to all of the temples, ate at the same restaurant every night (so good), and got $5 massages every day. The people in Cambodia are so special. They amaze me in their determination, ambition, and happiness after years of being torn apart by the Khmer Rouge. We met so many people who have stepped on land mines and lost family, yet they haven't lost hope for a bright future. And the ruins there are some of the most beautiful I have ever seen. That country is truly magical.











Dear Mom,
You are the best. You plan amazing trips. You take me on those amazing trips. You are amazing and this trip was wonderful with you. 
With love,
me

No comments:

Post a Comment