Wednesday, October 12, 2011

My Red Sea

Lately, anytime I think about applying for a job or emailing an organization to set up an interview I just can't bring myself to do it. I will look through websites and refuse to hit the Apply button. I will read an email and just stare at it. This whole figuring out my next step thing is paralyzing me. And then today I accidentally read the wrong talk for one of my classes. 

"Of course our faith will be tested as we fight through these self-doubts and second thoughts. Some days we will be miraculously led out of Egypt --seemingly free, seemingly on our way--only to come to yet another confrontation, like all that water lying before us. At those times we must resist the temptation to panic and give up. At those times fear will be the strongest of the adversary's weapons against us.

           And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the Lord...The Lord shall fight for you."

"Don't fear, don't vacillate, don't quibble, don't whine. You may, like Alma going to Ammonihah, have to find a route that leads an unusual way, but that is exactly what the Lord was doing here for the children of Israel. Nobody had ever crossed the Red Sea this way, but so what? There's always a first time. With the spirit of revelation, dismiss your fears and wade in with both feet."

Half way into the talk I realized it wasn't the one that was assigned. I couldn't stop reading.  

The Red Sea as seen by me on Christmas Day 2009

On a lighter note, in religion class today our professor read us some statistics saying that 10% of BYU girls and 13% of the guys think that causal makeouts are okay. Come on people...you are all in denial. 

1 comment:

  1. I so needed that. I feel like I'm going through the same thing right now. I loved that scripture. Thank you, my dear!

    ReplyDelete