Sunday, January 16, 2011

And again

So here I find myself in my sixth semester here at college. (That freaks me out a little, ok a lot)

And I'm diving into another winter of trying not to slip on the ice and bracing myself for the cold every time I step outside. But I'm trying to focus on the things that warm my life. Like my wonderful job, my hilarious family, classes I'm excited about, working more closely with The Ballard Center, and of course my friends.

Here in the Pent we started the semester off with a girls night out.



Oh, and the mountains tend to take my breath away in winter. I often find myself on my couch just staring at this:


There is a privacy about it which no other season gives you.... In spring, summer and fall people sort of have an open season on each other; only in the winter, in the country, can you have longer, quiet stretches when you can savor belonging to yourself. 
 ~Ruth Stout

No comments:

Post a Comment