Saturday, January 8, 2011

Down in Africa

I am overdue in posting about my adventures in Namibia. Since my return I've had a hardcore case of jetlag and school/work aren't helping. So I've spent my free time catching up on sleep. 
Anywho, my Christmas break was incredible. Seriously, I can't even describe how awesome it was and how much fun I had. It was relaxing and took my breath away all at the same time. We road-tripped around Namibia and visited the beach, sand dunes, a Himba tribe, and went on a safari. So here's a glimpse into paradise:















 I sand boarded down dunes, 4-wheeled around dunes, saw incredible animals, and watched cheetahs hunt and kill an animal and then eat it...all while standing right next to them. I got to spend time with my incredible family and celebrate the holidays in a country rich with beauty and full of life.  

It was rejuvenating, thrilling, crazy, and amazing. I could use more adjectives to describe it, but I'll cut it short. 

But hey, now I can say I bested the rains down in Africa! (yes, I listened to the song multiple times while there. I couldn't resist.)

No comments:

Post a Comment