Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Boston

Last week my work flew me up to Boston for the MIT and Knight Foundation's Future of Civic Media Conference. It's hard to put into words how I felt during the whole thing and it's way too long to explain everything and let's be honest, people really only want short quotes and pictures so I'll keep it brief.

An excerpt from thoughts I wrote down while there:

"I sat back today and was alarmed by how comfortable I am here. I’ve never been to Boston, I don’t know anyone, I’m the youngest person there, and yet somehow I feel right at home. And I can’t decide if it’s the nature of the work or the International Fellows I am surrounded by. I’ve been so caught up in everything that I’ve almost forgotten about things in my “real life.” And I suppose that’s ok for a few days, to get lost in something in order to soak it all in and somehow come out changed."







My supervisor blogged briefly about the conference. He summed it up perfectly: http://knowledge.ashoka.org/node/4989

"They're meaty issues, indeed. And complicated, which is part of the fun. And vitally important, which is why all our Fellows are in the game."

No comments:

Post a Comment