Wednesday, June 15, 2011

These streets will make you feel brand new

Before I set off on another weekend adventure (jetsetting to Utah tomorrow...more on that when I get back), I need to recount my trip to New York. Alex and I decided last minute to buy bus tickets up north to visit some friends in the comms program. And it was just what I needed. 

In true dorky/tourist fashion, we busted out the ipod when we saw the city lights and started singing along to "Empire State of Mind." It started the trip off on the perfect foot. Tori was the best tour guide I could have asked for. She first took me to the one place I've always wanted to go, The Brooklyn Bridge. We stood underneath it, stared at the skyline, and blabbed on and on about our internships. The next day was full of Broadway, food, Staten Island Ferry, food, Times Square, Wall Street, food, street markets, Little Italy, China Town, Grand Central Station, and more food. Honestly, that city knows how to eat. 

List of famous people I saw:
Daniel Radcliff (childhood dream come true. also, he is so cute on Broadway)
Bono (down the row from me at the show. omg!! sunglasses and all)
Harry Reid (oh you know, at church)
Elder Perry and Elder Cook (again, church in New York=awesome)
And I also ran into friends from school throughout the weekend. "Oh hey, you're in New York too?" Yeah, it's a big city and I know people walking down the streets. nbd. 

So here are the pictures of my weekend in the concrete jungle. There's something about that place that leaves me wanting more. New York hasn't yet had the time or chance to chew me up and spit me out. 










2 comments:

  1. I am now putting "see Daniel Radcliffe on Broadway" on my bucket list. So jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun! You would love it. Also, I miss you

    ReplyDelete