Monday, June 13, 2011

Emphasis: Print Journalism

Two years ago, I sat in a "Principles of Journalism" class. I didn't know anyone and I had no idea what to expect. In that class I met Tori and Alex. Since then, we got accepted into the program, wrote for the Daily Universe, worked as TA's and editors, and became friends. And not just the "hey I'll see you tomorrow in class friends," but real honest to goodness influence your life friends. One of the best things the communications program has given me is the people. 

These first pictures were taken at Chili's (naturally) after we got accepted into the program. 




And these are from the past weekend in New York when Alex and I took the Megabus to visit Tori. She has been a rockstar at The Daily news for the past few months and is ending her crazy internship today.



Looking back on the beginning of our journalism journey I can't help but laugh. Laugh at what we were getting into. We've come a long way, we've learned a lot, and we have gotten to share it with each other. And that's something I wouldn't change for the world. 

2 comments:

  1. Holyyyyyyy. I forgot about those chili's picks. We're pretty much the best

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I forgot you even had a blog haha. Don't those pictures seem like forever ago?

    ReplyDelete