Sunday, February 14, 2010

February 14th

So, it's Valentine's day. What a weird holiday. I'm spending mine sitting here in the kitchen while my roommates conjure up a yummy dinner for us. 

It's so weird to think of where I was a year ago this time. I was looking through old pictures and found this video which is a gem. Andrew and I were in Wal-Mart(classy, right?) doing some shopping for our significant others of the time, when we came upon something strange. Here's a little glimpse into my life a year ago for your viewing pleasure. 

 Speaking of Valentine's, I attended a wedding reception yesterday. It was... exactly what I wouldn't want mine to be like. Although, I did get a good laugh at a few of the decorations. My favorite being the balloons that said "I heart Golden Corral". And speaking of wedding receptions, my roommates brother just got engaged yesterday. So weird. 

Well I guess this Valentine's day instead of gushing about a significant other, I will gush about my significant others. No, I'm not a whore. I'm just incredibly lucky to have so many amazing friends around me. They are the joy in my life. They are my laughter. I am lucky enough to have friends that will throw burritos at me during dinner, make fun of me, come sit on my couch to just talk, or send me random texts throughout my day. They keep me going. So thanks friends, for finding me. 
And sticking around. 

side note: I just found this video that my dear friend Hunter Klie made me senior year of high school when I had moved away to China. Possibly one of the best Valentine's day presents I've ever received. Here's the link: Valentine's shoutouts


No comments:

Post a Comment