Thursday, February 25, 2010

Our bad Dewcision

I've learned in science classes that "for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction". And I've heard over and over again that I will have to pay the price for my actions. Well, these lessons were all proven to me late last night after my mine and my roommate's little Mt. Dew adventure. 

Around 1am we climbed into bed exhausted. However, our veins had caffeine running through them and we were unable to to fall asleep. Around 3am I got frustrated and got up to take a sleeping pill. Jordan was also up and asked to take one. Then, around 3:15 she started freaking out and thinking she was going to have a heart attack. A few minutes later we called some good friends to come and console her, during which she started hallucinating. After tucking her in bed our friends left. She was still freaking out and I asked her if she wanted to go to the hospital. After throwing up again and seeking the advice of her boyfriend, we ventured to the ER. The three of us went in and told the story. I called her brother who also came to comfort and she was hooked up to an IV. I waited in the waiting room, falling in and out of sleep for a few hours. Finally around 6am we returned home to our apartment. 

Needless to say, we learned our lesson. But, interestingly enough there were several good things that came out of the situation. 

Also, in my dazed state I witnessed several acts and types of love. The love of friends. The love of a big brother. The love of a boyfriend. The love I had for her as her best friend. This thing known as "love" boggles my mind sometimes. And last night showed me once more just how powerful and awesome it is, no matter what form it's in. 

No comments:

Post a Comment