Monday, November 15, 2010

The sorting hat

As an avid Harry Potter fan, I got super excited when I found out we were writing Harry Potter stories for the paper.

In the midst of the craziness that is writing for the DU, I had an idea and pitched it to my editor. Luckily, she is also a huge Harry Potter fan. Thus, I became the sorting hat of BYU.

For weeks leading up to my article I would start discussions with friends and we would get into arguments about which major belongs in which house. I had to cut the article down quite a bit, but here it is:
Sorting houses into Majors

It still holds the most popular spot on the website. And getting Facebook messages from random people and texts from friends just makes me love being a journalism major even more. And it shows just how much Harry Potter has creeped its way into our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment