Monday, March 7, 2011

Livin the dream

Wednesday morning I piled into a van with 6 other people and drove 12 hours to San Fran. I was traveling with co-workers from the Daily Universe and we were sent down to do stories on 3 WCC schools. We spent the days wandering campuses, falling in love with Stanford, interviewing provosts and student government leaderships, and getting hooked up with free lunches. It was a reminder that yes, I am a journalist. And yes, I somehow can pull off getting every interview I need plus more. And yes, I love it. 
At night, we explored the city. We visited the touristy places, but also ended up in sketchy parts of town playing in a dart tournament. We braved the city buses and took BART across the city. We frolicked in the warm weather and shared funny stories. 
And somehow we got the coolest group that went.
It was a much needed trip. And an incredible experience in journalism. 
















Photos taken by myself and other members of the crew. Our main photographer was this lovely girl: 

No comments:

Post a Comment