Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Teenage Angst

I've been talking recently with some friends about the songs that define our teenage angst. We all have the playlists that define our high school selves, and I thought it would be fitting to include a playlist of mine.

1. Seventy times Seven-Brand New
2. Fatlip-Sum 41
3. Bleed American-Jimmy Eat World
4. Mr. Brightside-The Killers
5. Control-Name Taken
6. Seven Years-Saosin
7. Alive with the glory of love-Say Anything
8. There's no 'I' in team-Taking Back Sunday
9. Konstantine-Something Corporate
10. The way we get by-Spoon
11- Rockin the Suburbs-Ben Folds
12-Mix Tape-Brand New

So there's my dose of angst. Begins and ends with Brand New, as it should.



Back in school they never taught us                        
what we needed to know
Like how to deal with despair
or someone breakin your heart... 



So is that what you call a getaway?
Well tell me what you got away with
Cause I've seen more spine on jellyfish
I've seen more guts in eleven-year-old kids
Have another drink and drive yourself home
I hope there's ice on all the roads
And you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt
then again when your head goes through the windshield




3 comments:

  1. HAHHAHAAHHAAHHA I LOOOOVEE THISSSS. pure genius. and i'm pretty sure if i were to put together a playlist, it would look EXACTLY like yours. i gett it alllll

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad that you two get this. I love you more for it.

    ReplyDelete