Sunday, March 20, 2011

My best friend and her new best friend

I have mentioned Jordi several times on this blog. She is my best friend. 

I met Jordan approximately three years ago when she started dating one of my good friends. Our roommates were both on the fence about the living situations the next year, and so she invited me to live with her on a whim. Neither of us knew each other but we knew that we had so many mutual friends that it couldn't be horrible living with each other, right? So randomly, we moved into Liberty Square and became roommates. From the first day, we couldn't shut up. We talked all night long every night. And that's only the beginning of our friendship. Over the past two years we have been put on behavioral contracts, ended up in the ER because of a dare, backpacked around China, travelled to Georgia, roadtriped to St. George, laughed until we cried, gone on midnight adventures, had a ridiculous amount of embarrassing moments, helped each other through heartbreaks, cheered each other on, volunteered together, and built a friendship that I cherish so much. Her family has become my family. My family is her family. And for the past few days I've been able to help her now fiance plan their engagement. 

I had to steal a ring of hers so we would know her ring size, secretly text Brady, drive all around Provo with Brady and Jordan's siblings trying to find the perfect spot, and making sure that the whole time she had no idea. So this morning, while she was taking a test, Jake, Caylie, and I drove up to a park. We saw the perfect gazebo and Jake (being the bravest person I know) went up to the gate of this mansion and asked if we could use the gazebo for the proposal. Luckily they said yes. Little did we know, that gazebo belongs to Stephen Covey. NBD. We figured it out when he was giving us a tour of his house and we saw pictures of him on magazine covers, pictures of him with the president, and pictures of buildings named after him all over the walls. 

Anyways, the proposal was beautiful and my best friend is about to embark on a crazy new part of her life. And I'm so excited for her and Brady. And I just wanted to congratulate them. Because they mean the world to me, and even know I won't be able to crawl in Jordan's bed at night when I need to talk or steal clothes from her closet every day...I know that she couldn't be happier right now. And that makes me the happiest. 










Dear Jordi,
I can't wait to see what your life brings next. Thank you for being my best friend. The sitcom continues...


2 comments:

  1. love you tess. no one can ever fill the place you have in my life! We're not just the best of friends, but family..i mean you have a pig shirt and everything :). thank you for everything, especially for all of the ridiculous memories we've made together.

    ReplyDelete