Monday, April 25, 2011

One year anniversary

One year ago I got onto an airplane to Madrid, Spain. At the time, I had no idea that I would meet some of my best friends. I didn't know that my host family would become real family. I didn't know that I would explore a culture that is full of life. I didn't know how captivated I would be by it's beauty. I didn't know that it would change my life. And I didn't know that I would miss it the way I do.

I can't even explain how much I yearn to be back there. In the Media Pinta watching the World Cup. Sitting on trains telling stories. Trying to find comfortable positions on the buses. Laughing until we cried in the hotels on weekend trips. Chatting with my host fam for hours over some of the best meals I've ever had. Getting in silly fights with the crew because we spent 24 hours a day together and ran on practically no sleep. Having so many inside jokes that it was ridiculous. Eating so much chocolate, and breaking all of the rules.

6 members of that study abroad group remain like family to me. We regularly get together for reunions where we retell stories over and over and wish we were back. We work together, go on adventures together, and remain "the Spain crew." Heck, we are infamous within the study abroad groups. Whit's heard stories about us from her director and past participants.

I don't think anything will ever compare to those two months of magic.












And here we are a year later:




Dear Whitney,
You left for Spain today. I'm so jealous and so excited for you. You're about to live the dream.
Con Amor,
Tessa

1 comment:

  1. dear tessa
    miss you already
    i cannot wait to relive your adventures
    and then create our own back in provo
    i am here
    i feel like i am in a telenovela
    and i am determined to go canoeing like you
    thanks for being the greatest
    can't wait for our reunion in DC
    con amor,
    whitters

    ReplyDelete